REEFreshments®: REVIVE™ Live Zooxanthellae (Growler - 64 oz.)
Zooxanthellae are microalgae that form a symbiotic relationship with coral, anemones, clams, etc. They provide the host with oxygen, food, and its iridescent colors. When a host is stressed, it expels its zooxanthellae and "bleaches".
REVIVE™ adds zooxanthellae back into the aquarium, enabling reef recovery.
About REEFreshments®: REVIVE™ Live Zooxanthellae
In addition to live Zooxanthellae, REVIVE™ also contains an extra microalgae (Rhodomonas sp.) added for supplemental live coral food. Rhodomonas has one of the highest polyunsaturated fatty acid concentrations, making it a perfect addition to REVIVE™ for nourishing your livestock back to health.
Through dosing with REVIVE™, bleached corals (and/or other invertebrates) can recapture their previously expelled Zooxanthellae, and then these corals/invertebrates can feed on the Rhodomonas receiving the nourishment that they need to achieve their former glory.
As with all of our REEFreshments® product line, REVIVE™ is 100% aquacultured and live, and does not contain any preservatives or additives. REVIVE™ is cultured in-lab with sterilized artificial seawater and harvested at optimal nutrition, and has proven its effectiveness time and time again. Please consult our testimonials page for more information about our customers' success using REVIVE.
Directions for Dosing
- Shake well before use.
- Add approximately 1/4oz. per 10 gallons daily or every other day (as needed).
- Can be used as a broadcast or target feed.
- We recommend to turn off skimmer(s) and return pump(s) before adding REVIVE™ and leave this equipment off for 15 minutes to ~2 hours to allow animals to consume the live feeds.
- It is NOT necessary to remove micron filter socks when dosing REVIVE™.
Shelf Life and Storage Instructions
- Average shelf life of our REEFreshments®: REVIVE™ Live Zooxanthellae is 4-6 months.
- We recommend to REFRIGERATE REVIVE™ between 33-42˚F.
- Do NOT freeze REVIVE™!
- REVIVE™ should be SHAKEN DAILY to maintain the suspension of the live feeds and ensure maximum shelf life.
- If the product smells strongly like sulfur/rancid (e.g., rotten eggs), it has expired. DO NOT USE. However, a slight sulfur smell is normal.